Monday, January 30, 2012

Short review of ideapad

After using this tablet for a week, here are some obervations:

I just observed strange keyboard behaviors as I started this blog entry. The enter key greys out using the IME keyboard. I am now using the Android keyboard to finish this entry.

Also the keyboard disappears when the Android enter key is hit.

Ahah! Editing blog in html brings back the enter key.

This tablet seems excellent for consuming material,but entering other than email,such as google docs is painful. The tablet mode only allows you to enter data in spreadsheets, but not formulas. The web gdocs interface seems better, but still has restrictions.

Email searching in other than the gmail reader is not available. You must use the web email interface to your email provider.

I have not been able to get spelling correction as I type working.



I got printing to work but it is painful, and maybe expensive if you must buy the app that comes with the tablet. A caveat: my wireless printer is on a separate router then my internet router, and that makes it harder.

I use gnucash on my windows and Linux laptops, and it is not available for Android.

I use Password Gorilla for password management on the laptop in both Windows and Linux, and it is not available for Android.

I don't have the patience for continuing this entry using the tablet,so I'll quit now. More later hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment