Monday, March 5, 2012

Beaglebone Linux Board-level computer

I've ordered a Beaglebone single-board computer for trial as a home monitor controller. It could replace both the Asus netbook and the Arduino sensor/actuator board. It has analog and digital I/O so I can connect my analog temperature sensors and digital AC power status input, runs Linux of various varieties and has network connectivity for development use, has a host USB port so it can connect to my GSM modem. Hopefully I can get a GSM modem driver for it, along with a TCL runtime.



The Beaglebone should allow a headless (no monitor or keyboard) setup, with the capability of running a web server to allow occasional interaction for updating the software and monitoring the operation of the unit.

I'll post my progress after I get the board and a chance to put it thru its paces.

No comments:

Post a Comment